Sign in to follow this  
Jager

Overdue?

So yes slightly overdue, joined the site roughly 2 years ago and was running around like a headless chicken for quite a few months till I came across the website and started to stalk the community.

It's been two eventful years and I'm still not sick of Insurgency, have to give a lot of credit to the server mods and the VG members which made the public life great ridding the server for one douchbag at the time, which allowed us enjoy our teamwork in peace from hackers, griefers and teamkillers.

So thanks again for running such an awesome server and community.

As for who I am most of you fellow Arma geeks already know me but for those that don't, well my name is Harald and I live up in the northern parts of Norway where I working with mentally handicapped people, and studying to become an computer engineer which makes perfect sense ( hoping to land a job in customer support ^^, )

21 years of my 26 year old life I've been a gamer and I got to say, time well spent.
At least in the company of people that enjoy teamwork and that is why I still play on your servers.
It's not every match that it comes together but when it does, the hours fly by.

In closing I hope there will be a Arma 3 server with the VG tags on it in the future ;)

Well said Jager and I'd like to add that it's really the regular players who make the =VG= servers great - without the consistent reports of bad behavior the admins would have to be on 24/7 to catch all the smacktards. That and helping the noobs to get up to speed on server rules, regulations, and all around good teamplay.

Thanks buddies! :p
Have often wondered if it's realistic to run a newbie bootcamp on Insurgency, but for the most part I think no, in house squad teachings works fairly well though.
But one thing is certain I'll keep preaching the word of Ace :p

Nearly as long as there has been a =VG= Arma 2 Insurgency Server, there has been Jager - get to know this guy, men: He's the real deal! Decisive, strong, and kind at the same time - a great squad leader to follow!
A member of a small group of guys who came up with their own system to play some more strict "Mil-Sim" style missions (known as L.A.M.B.S.).

There's been discussions about adopting a common, repeatable and teachable set of maneuvers and squad/soldier actions that we all should know well, using an agreed upon vernacular.
I suggest you include this guy in your discussions about that.

Jager is a good friend of mine, though we haven't gamed together in some time. He has a way of looking at a bigger picture, and that is a good trait in a cooperative team-player, and especially in a leader.

!fans

SemlerPDX =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

Nearly as long as there has been a =VG= Arma 2 Insurgency Server, there has been Jager - get to know this guy, men: He's the real deal! Decisive, strong, and kind at the same time - a great squad leader to follow!
A member of a small group of guys who came up with their own system to play some more strict "Mil-Sim" style missions (known as L.A.M.B.S.).

There's been discussions about adopting a common, repeatable and teachable set of maneuvers and squad/soldier actions that we all should know well, using an agreed upon vernacular.
I suggest you include this guy in your discussions about that.

Jager is a good friend of mine, though we haven't gamed together in some time. He has a way of looking at a bigger picture, and that is a good trait in a cooperative team-player, and especially in a leader.

!fans

Thanks for the kind words, Think I'll have to update my CV with this :p
I still recall great games with you guys, but too few ace sessions till I got tricked into ace by some fellow norwegians, you were preaching the truth and I didn't see it :p

Great to have you here at VG, even tho i haven't played with you yet, i can see from the comments of others you are a valued member. Having recently built a new pc that is capable of running arma, i look forward to gaming with you in the future.

Murderface =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

I AM IN LOVE WITH JAGER

I'm touched :p

Robotfungus =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

Great to have you here at VG, even tho i haven't played with you yet, i can see from the comments of others you are a valued member. Having recently built a new pc that is capable of running arma, i look forward to gaming with you in the future.

Yeah I'm fairly active so if you join ze vanilla server then we'll probably meet up at some point, next stop is probaby the ace insurgency server! :p

I AM IN LOVE WITH JAGER

I wouldent feel too special, Murder declares love, marrage and Child making sessions with everyone going lol :)

But yes Its amazing to see you finally post an intro thread :) Well done old friend!

Gaz =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

I AM IN LOVE WITH JAGER

I wouldent feel too special, Murder declares love, marrage and Child making sessions with everyone going lol :)

But yes Its amazing to see you finally post an intro thread :) Well done old friend!

You just want ze love that hath no name for yourself :p
But thanks I figure it was about time.

Thanks tankmaster ;)

Savage don't you have a tar pit nearby? Since Riddle's too chicken to give ace a proper go we won't even need the feathers!

BLuDKLoT =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

Jager it's guys like you that bring it all together. Thanks for the love and support!

Blud

Set the stage for awesome stuff to happen and people will follow, simple as that ;)

BLuDKLoT =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

Jager it's guys like you that bring it all together. Thanks for the love and support!

Blud

*runs off to make his own intro thread so he can get a pat on the head too ;)