Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Support Your Local Server

=VG= SemlerPDX

=VG= SemlerPDX wrote ...
$10 here, $5 there, the occasional and very generous $50...
Please - support your local servers! A Smacktard-free server isn't free - and we run a Sandy Bridge i7 with 8 cores and 32GB of DDR3 RAM for smooth, lag free gaming because we love it!
VG Loves You All!! Share the Love!

it's worth it. i wouldn't know what to do if my beloved =VG= Clan home disappeared...

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you very much Murderface!! Your support is greatly appreciated!
This is the announcement, the first thread post brought over to second page:
(thank you for your support!)

This is a public support call-out from your friendly admin, eMaj. =VG= SemlerPDX.
major fan of VETERANS-GAMING servers, clan membership status aside

I'd like to extend a personal Thank You to all those who donate to keep VETERANS-GAMING servers up and running. Your contributions, no matter what amount, are greatly appreciated! I can barely afford a few bucks here and there, but it all adds up...
BLuDKLoT cannot, as one man, pay for all of this for all of us; You all help so much! !cheers

Myself, I dreamt of properly administrated servers such as these back when I was at the mercy of first party servers dating all the way back to Socom Online for PS2. They were free, but void of assistance (technical or administrative).
Here you...we all...have a voice, and with it, power in our games.

We here at VETERANS-GAMING will always provide servers for public use and maintain them with the most due diligence required. We will continue to ensure that teamkillers, hackers, and disruptive players are swiftly dealt with so that you, as the player, may enjoy the true levels of playablilty and immersion that the teamplay and communication we promote here embody.

With your continued support, we are able to offer contests with awesome prizes, games, and other great additions to come. We will continue to add servers for the newest and hottest wargames released, while keeping servers open for your old favorites.

PayPal is considered one of the most secure ways to donate and pay for goods online, and it's as simple as signing up. A one time donation can greatly help VETERANS-GAMING maintain the servers you enjoy. As we expand to include new servers featuring such games as the upcoming Arma 3, we need your help to perpetuate our vision of clean, smacktard-free gaming environments to play in.

We admins, of course, will always continue to volunteer our time to enforce the rules of all our servers. Please consider signing up for PayPal today and making a donation, no matter how small, to VETERANS-GAMING and help us keep this tradition of international fraternity and cooperative teamplay alive.

Thank you for your support!

• 4 weeks later...
Special Thank You to all our donators for keeping the bats out of the bell tower!

As you go out to buy your pumpkins and Halloween costumes, please consider putting aside $5 or $10 to help VETERANS-GAMING keep the 'ol candle burning in the Jack-O-Lantern here. We need your regular support to help drive this website and these awesome server forward and up to the next level.

As of October, VETERANS-GAMING is powered by over 15 CPU Cores and over 45GB of RAM on 2 continents!

We now have full control over our FH2 and BF2: Project Reality game servers, with Mumble now set up for use, and enough power on that box to run plenty more of your old favorites - just write us a suggestion, we'll host it for you and even make you a TeamSpeak3 channel to play in. We are setting up the building blocks to branch out into wonderful things, with more contests and great prizes, and an amazing new website on the horizon.

Our cooperative gaming network will be a thing to behold one day, and it is entirely built on community support. Please help us continue this gaming dream with a donation, no matter how small.

Thank you and Happy Halloween!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I know it's probably not my place, but you all know that I'm roguish and handsome (or as poff would say "annoying") so I will continue:
Have you guys ever considered charging your members. I see that you fell well short of the target donations, and even if you only charged ?5 a month with 40 members youd be well ahead of current amount.
I get that there is issues with charging members and some people may even leave (fuck em), but for a fiver you guys could rest safely in the knowledge that vg shall live on.
Also I'd love to donate but my paypal broked working on a fix.

P.S: please don't ban me I'll be good.

Pigeon LAN_WROTE ...

Have you guys ever considered charging your members.

This idea was put forward in our last clan meeting, Blud said that no one would ever have to pay to be a member of VG.

Ideally what we want to do is cut our costs to around half of the current target. I'll take this opportunity to bump that conversation as we need to push to find a solution before Solar goes away.

I fully understand not wanting to charge members, you shouldn't have to; your members should be throwing money at you like the dirty strippers you are. (those that can afford it, which lets be fair is probably most people).
Have you also considered recruiting new people, theres alot of guys I see regularly on your servers and in your ts who would probably love to join you.
Don't worry I don't mean me and vetala.

Anyway ima stop posting now because most of this is stuff you've probably already discussed, I'd just hate to see you guys dissapear. I don't know any other teamspeaks.