Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Banning

=VG= SemlerPDX

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for your input. Project Reality has had a rather large influx of players since the standalone released, and the waves of those intent on disrupting gameplay still wash up on a regular basis. At times, for any number of reasons, we will remove a player from the game immediately to avoid further disruption, and sometimes even innocent players get caught up in larger events - for all of these reasons, we have very attentive administrators here at the website and in game (some of whom I know keep written logs in addition to the server log files they have access to) and a very accessible unban request system here at the website to deal with the large volume of players on our servers. You will also see, if you look again at those unban requests, that we respond to and resolve these posts in a rather timely manner, and we lock them afterwards to avoid the unpleasant online peanut gallery posts that plague the internets.

Again, thank you for your input. !hi

We admins, as a whole, work based on a principle that decisions need to be made in a timely fashion but also require a lot of thinking before execution. Contrary to your original statement in other posts, we do not hand out BAN as much as you think we do, and we take these ban appeals very seriously. Also, about 3/4 of appeals come from a person who simply admitted that they did something they shouldn't have done, and they are hoping that we have a mercy to let them play on our server again. The other 1/4 is ones who are accusing admins for doing what they haven't done, and after many conversations and internal investigation, the majority of accusation end up being revealed as false/fake.

Did we had abusive admins in the past? Of course we did.
Some of people I knew who i thought were normal ended up turning into an egocentric, power hungry savages who will only listen to their own rules of righteousness, and after their removal from admin roster they never came back to this server because they were simply not willing to admit that they FxxKED up their responsibility & privilege. Remember, both being an admin and playing in this server is not a right, it is a privilege that can be taken away under a few circumstances.

However, as of now, I believe all =VG= related admins are responsible individuals who are willing to accept their mistakes and correct the wrongdoings, and I have no problem vouching every single one of them(welll.... maybe except melon :P). So if i can vouch every single on of them, why are there so much discussion about one admin & one specific incident that does not show any signs of abuse of power?

From my perspective, I believe you finally realized that we didn't buy your story and think you can force us making a sincere, formal apology if we are being accused as a group of people who are self-rightous, egocentric, power hungry savages. Unfortunately, nobody in our server deserve such unfair treatment and I have no problem telling you move onto other PR servers if you think we are who you think we are.