Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Veterans Gaming on Teamspeak?

Cavey

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
SavageCDN =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

Hi Cavey... the TS server can be found at:

ts3.veterans-gaming.com

sorry, I'm still having problem. When I type 'ts3.veterans-gaming.com' in the address bar, the connection times out
before the site is found. When I search for 'veterans-gaming' from the TeamSpeak Server & User search - TSViewer.com (http://www.tsviewer.com/index.php?page=search), I come up empty.

I'm a green wannabe Falcon-4 flight simmer, forgive me, I don't mean to be a pain, and I don't know what I'm missing
here - no disrespect intended, but what I'm really wanting to be able to do is find the (veterans gaming) server from the TeamSpeak server lists sorted by categories - TSViewer.com webpage (http://www.tsviewer.com/index.php?page=lists_categories). It is on Teamspeak I've no doubt, I should be able to find it there right?

you can also connect to the teamspeak with the IP-address i think: 5.9.23.136:9987

1) make sure you got Teamspeak 3 here
2) install
3) go to connections in the upper left corner once installed
4) choose 'connect'
5) In the server address bar you type in the ip: 5.9.23.136:9987
6) in the username, you type your username (you can chose a random one)
7) you leave the Password blank.
8) click connect.

this is how it worked for me to connect with the teamspeak.

[EDITED: IP address must contain port number as well, now shown above. -SemlerPDX]

[Edit 2: tried without the port number and i worked fine for me, but just to be sure fill it in too. -Lordvlad30]

Cavey - do not worry about asking for help. Most of us here can remember when we were new to this as well. It is not easy at first, specifically knowing where to get truthful information - too many websites are just ad scams or incomplete impostors that merely look like the "official site".

A perfect example is that "tsviewer" website you linked. It looks official, but it is NOT owned or operated by TeamSpeak and it is severely lacking in truthful information. We've had the same IP for years and that site doesn't know it - because it's just some guy's website for some e-Sports project.

Don't get discouraged by misleading info like that. Our TS3 does exist, and if you follow lordvlad's instructions, you should find us just fine.

** If you are new to Voice over Internet, you need to know a few things:

You need to set a button to push to talk - like a CB Radio. At first, many people want to have TS3 act like a phone, picking up any sound at either end - this is not always ideal.
If you want the Microphone always on, it would help to assign one of the keys on your keyboard as a "Mute" button.

Once you get TS3 installed, go to the Options (keyboard shortcut Alt+P), and review the different catagories. From Microphone to Speakers to other more advanced options, you will want to look through and adjust settings as appropriate to your hardware and preferences.

Not trying to overwhelm you with information, just do your best to get up and running. If you have any more questions, feel free to post up here again.

People here like to help others, you are not bothering anyone at all. Good luck!
!hi

[EDITED: IP address must contain port number as well, now shown above. -SemlerPDX]

[Edit 2: tried without the port number and i worked fine for me, but just to be sure fill it in too. -Lordvlad30]

HA! You know what that was? I was thinking of a time when we had a non-standard port and had to enter it - that was awhile ago. I think I had some kind of flashback when I entered only the IP into "Bookmark Manager" address bar and it didn't resolve. Clearly it's different if entered under the "Connections" tab. Thanks again, lordvlad! !cheers