Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

still unable to download BMS 4.32

Mustanger789

Back again,
Having followed your good advice, I am now able to logon to BMS website. (good news).
However, I'm still denied access to download or even edit my profile/password/etc. (bad news).
Also, it seems as though there might by something wrong with the BMS file at this website, as it keeps giving me "file error" message. Probably because of the problem with the BMS site. !dash
Thanks again for your quick reply to my first post. I sure hope there is going to be some kind of workaround.

Beware of the Hun in the Sun,
Mustanger789

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can just reply here in this post for an ongoing conversation.

First of all, you are downloading Torrent files from BMS and then those files need to be opened in a Torrent program which will download the very large BMS files. This is a method used from time to time by mod makers to avoid the costs of hosting large files for thousands of downloaders. So, that is the confusing part you are missing - no mirrors there, only Torrents which are small downloader files that do their job on your end.

First step for you would be to download a Torrent program, I still use uTorrent and here is a link to that: http://www.utorrent.com/

Once you have that installed, and torrent files associated with uTorrent, you will find that clicking on the download links at BMS website will ask to open a file with an outside program *(uTorrent) - once you allow this, you will notice uTorrent window come up and the files begin to download from multiple sources. It is very safe, and usually quite fast depending on the number of "seeds". I won't get into all the details, but this should get you what you need.

If you have any further issues, feel free to reply to this thread rather than starting a new one. Good luck!
!pilot

Once more unto the breach,
Still getting NOWHERE with the BMS site. Have tried with new and old logins. Downloaded and installed the uTorrent software. Cannot even use the link from your site without getting the "download error" message. It's beginning to look like the site is BROKEN somewhere. It looks like they took the site down at the end of march for some maintenance. I'm wondering if it all got put back together correctly? !hang
I truly appreciate you taking this time to try and help, but if that site is "down" somehow, I'm not sure that you all can be of much more help. But, thanks for trying.

Aviate,navigate,communicate,
Mustanger789

this is from anon6 clan web page
http://www.anon6.com/

Torrent for Falcon BMS 4.32 update 1-6 - https://www.dropbox.com/s/n9ghluvczg0c2n7/Falcon_BMS_4.32_Setup_plus_U1-U6.torrent
Torrent for Falcon BMS 4.32 update 7 - https://www.dropbox.com/s/yqmodvt11nl1bgy/Falcon_BMS_4.32_Update_7.torrent

Installation procedure:
Install BMS 4.32 update7
1. Install the game - download setup with updates 1-6, extract to create the setup folder (Don't delete the setup folder, you'll need it to install updates). Run the Setup and install Falcon 4.32 with updates 1-6 into your desired installation folder.
2. Apply update 7 - download update 7, run it and install into the setup folder, run the setup again and install update 7 into the Falcon 4.32 installation folder.

*We should probably host full BMS install.

Hello once again fellow aviators,

Was able to follow the link to and register at anon6.com without ANY problems. !mental
Downloaded the suggested files (3 required, plus some extras), no problem, very fast (thanks to Torrent no doubt).
Although, I have to admit the files looked small in comparison to lots of other downloads. Probably all that compression.
So, now it's wait until I think I've got time enough to sit down and put this Sim all together and get it right the first time.
Stay tuned, I'll let you all know one way or the other how it goes.

Remember, Keep thy airspeed up, lest the Earth come from below and smite thee.
Mustanger789

They may be small in size, but over the course of time, thousands of downloads cost simple forum sites a lot of money in bandwidth. This is why torrents are the most viable option. 24MB here and there can add up.
Good luck! You will no doubt need some assistance when it comes to programming flight stick buttons and such, I'd be happy to help you, and of course now that you can access our friends at the BMS site, you can get loads of resources there as well. So glad we could help!
!cheers

Hi Guys,

First of all, thanks again. Look forward to mining your collective grey matter for any tips and hints that will be helpful in fleshing out the rest of this Sim. However, probably should correct one inaccurate impression I may have given you all. I still have not received an activation e-mail from BMS website. I can login and even reset my password, but I still cannot access the forum/download area. Have even sent a couple of e-mails to the webmaster asking what it is I might still need to do/complete in order to "git er done". !help In the mean-time, I'll explore anon6.com for anything helpful. A couple of quick questions while I'm here though, 1)are there any free add-on theatres (Taiwan for instance)? 2)is the BMS version compatible with ATI's crossfire dual video card set-up?

Talk to you soon,
Mustanger789

Fellow Airmen,

Getting pretty good at answering some of my own questions. BMS runs GREAT in ATI Crossfire mode. Just be sure to go into the CCC and set AA to let application determine AA, instead of override application. Did some googling and found a payware Taiwan theater of operations, but could not locate any of the free variety. Seems as though a lot of the button functions are the same for BMS as they were for FF6. Still have a lot of comparing to do. Very glad to locate the config app and with it the ability to determine things like max radar range, max weapons ranges. By the way, how many of the aircraft in the reference area are flyable? Sure would like to take the F-14D out on some long-range Fleet Air Defence, and the F-18E/F out for some Harpoon practice against some enemy CVE's. Got to go. Signing off for now.

Remember, for a good guns kill, one WW2 ace said,
"stick all six 50's up your enemy's butt, then, pull the trigger"
Mustanger789

Not sure if other aircraft have properly modeled cockpits the way FF did it. Also, I only fly in Korea or Balkans, and don't know anyone who flys in Taiwan, so I have no frame of reference. As for the activation email at BMS, I assume it must have ended up in a spam folder or was rejected by your email as I quoted in your other thread. Only their support team could fix that, or you could try making another account with different email settings and see if it gets through. It's automated and nearly instant so it's not like it takes days to get sent out. You've clearly not received the one they sent, as I'm sure it was sent by now.

Good luck and enjoy Falcon BMS! We have a persistent Korean War going on at the VG BMS server 24/7, feel free to get into it when you are ready.
!hi