Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Falcon BMS download problem

Mustanger789

Hello fellow airmen,
It's great to see there is such a dedicated bunch of flyers around. Bought the original Falcon 4.0 back in 1998-99. At first I found it hard to master compared to the current WWII sims of the time. Did not play it for the longest time. Then, I began to discover sites like this one and others that talked about all these great Mods that were available. Seems as though the BMS version is getting to best reviews. Since I have moved and lost track of the original Falcon 4.0 disc, I went to the trouble to order a new copy from Amazon.com. However, I am unable to download BMS 4.32 from any of the sites or links (including this one so far). For instance, I can log on to BenchmarkSims website, but since I haven't yet received the activation e-mail link, I can't navigate to the downloads area. Registered on 4-12-2014. There has been no response to several attempts to have the activation e-mail resent. I realize that this is not your problem, but since it seems as though your links go straight to that location for the download, I was hoping at least for a little friendly advise on how to hopefully resolve the situation and end up with the latest version of what should be a really great sim to get back into. Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated as this site looks like the best place to go for tips and hints and all kinds of good advice once I have Falcon up and running. Hope to hear something soon.

Remember, a Mig in your six, is better than no Mig at all,
Check-Six,
Mustanger789

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

*with regards to the BMS website, you'll want to check your spam folder in your email, maybe it appeared there.
This is what they suggest at the BMS site, you may need to create another account there after following these steps:

?The forum system sends out automatic eMail confirmations, PM notices etc... plenty of "free" providers (e.g. GMAIL, HOTMAIL) tag such automatic mails as "spam". If you want to receive our mails, make sure to either check your spamfolder regularly, or to whitelist the "@benchmarksims.org" domain.

?Some eMail providers offer a "sender verification system", i.e. if they receive an eMail from s/o for the 1st time, they send back an automatic response email, asking the sender to confirm his identity by clicking on some link, providing some info about himself. Our moderators do NOT have the time to do this, and our automatic forum eMail system is of course not capable of doing this. So if you have such a "protection" system in place, again, make sure to whitelist the "@benchmarksims.org" domain.

Also note that you do not need the original Falcon 4.0 disc to install BMS, no original files are needed from the Falcon 4.0 program. All you need is the original Falcon 4.0 exe which you can find for free here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6bt1n5n9lvy4rlo/falcon4.zip

If you have any more problems, or need help re-registering at the BMS site, post up here and we'll try to help you.
!hi