Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Long time ago

dman248

Long time ago we use to play games together, Now when I jump on, there's no one playing a game. No one playing PR or FH2. Everyone always just talking, Yesterday I tried to get a game going on FH2 and some said yes but I don't know what happen.

Every time i jump on to team speak there's no one there. CCCode is playing Minecraft, Semler is busy scripting. I miss the days when everyone was on PR, I wish we could all go back to it and play it. I remember the first day I join PR Co-op. For weeks it was just Ingo, Iffn, Blud, Me, and solar. And it was great, We didn't always win the map but we sure did have a blast. Now I can't jump on to even get a game going so I kinda grew apart from =VG= .

Anyways, long story short I miss the days will we actually played games. Every time I jump on team speak everyone is talking, but not playing (Or playing 10 different games)

As such I have not been active enough myself to admin the servers etc, So in short I am leaving =VG=. I'll still be around and such but you guys need to go back to one common game.

Love the times here.

Dman248

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

alright Dman, and I really see your point there, a shame you didnt give us a big heads up about this problem. I've been as blind as the others.

we should quit the fancy scripting and new games, we have way more fun together then scripting and playing new games alone. im going to work on getting my BF2PR working and also the vanilla ARMA2 ins ACR addon. I suggest everyone does the same. I know im not the best example of our clan but I've got my eyes open now and I'm going to do everything I can to get us together and get the old days back.

I'm wishing all good to you Dman and hope to see you soon, PM me if you need a someone to play with.

I don't get it - there have been times lately that we've been engaged in long discussions about one thing or another. Seems to be then that you choose to jump into ts3.

If you were in more often, I think you might get more of a chance to play some games, at least in the Arma servers.
We're finally trying to break into the ACE/ACRE side of Arma, and you're not around so often. We have some great ideas, and have found some great mods.

You have more ACE experience than many of us. Would be great to see you around in some more missions. I thought you were in this for the long haul, but I never see you on TS3 lately. Playin Mount and Warblade for months.....

!huh

SemlerPDX =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

If you were in more often, I think you might get more of a chance to play some games, at least in the Arma servers.
We're finally trying to break into the ACE/ACRE side of Arma, and you're not around so often. We have some great ideas, and have found some great mods.

You have more ACE experience than many of us. Would be great to see you around in some more missions. I thought you were in this for the long haul, but I never see you on TS3 lately. Playin Mount and Warblade for months.....

!huh

Been playing Warband for months because no one else would play anything, My main reason for leaving VG is for my in activity. You say you want to get this ace thing going but its too late for me. I ask you to join time and time ago to play/try it with me, Met with the same response its to hard to install. Its been on sixupdater for a year, And you never even tried to install it.

I have not play on any VG server for 5 months, why should stay? There's no good reason for me to. I lost what I played her for a long time ago. This isn't a bad thing. I'm just stating why I became in active, Nobody played the same game for a week, became boring. And once I got a taste of what arma was suppose to be played as I was hooked. I figured you guys would never take the bait. Been here for 2 1/2 years mate, Time I move on, people get bored.

I was gonna post a similar thread Dman...im feeling not connected to VG no more.The game that brought us 2gether has grown old,but that doesnt mean we cant play it no more and have some VG fun.Some while ago it was only me and TED on the PR server.Ok Arma IS a great game...but lately thers to much modding going on for Arma...but i love vanilla Arma.I was thinking about leaving VG too...because i miss you guys ingame.
But spending some time on Dayz servers i changed my mind...fir the time being.
I remeber looking in awe at Dmans cobra skills on Muttrah...and it made me feel proud i joined such skilled and social people.
Dont go just yet Dman...

This sadly is a major problem for clans... My previous clan which involved Vicious and Orion suffered the same fate. We started playing one game but slowly drifted to other games then suddenly no one was ever on doing the same thing.. People lost interest and before we knew it we had fallen apart.

These kind of groups just move through phases. popular games like PR/Arma bring everyone together but after awhile people will get tired with playing the same thing over and over and new games are released so people move on to try other stuff.
I've probably spent about as much time playing various co-op games like Dead Island, Terraria, Space Marine etc with guys from here as I have playing ARMA with them.
I'm fairly confident that once another big mp game is released, like ARMA3, Planetside 2, etc people will drift back here.

As for the ARMA ACE stuff, you can't complain too much about that as nothing was ever done to try get people interested in it until the arranged events several months back, and even then the people like you who were familiar with ACE/ACRE just sat back and took a back seat rather than helping to organise stuff.

Really, I never tried.... Kidding me mate, I'm the reason why we even had Ace insurgency before on our servers, had it going a full month then everyone dropped it. I can't help it that people all the sudden decided to start trying it agains, Try getting people even to try calv. That was the hardest part.

Dont tell i did fucking nothing towards getting people to play ACE, I will find the old threads promoting it.

I ran Ace insurgency on our arma servers, OF that month we had 30 people that constantly came into our teamspeak to play, When it left they came back asking when it was coming back.

To tell me I did nothing makes me fucking angry. Angry dude. No fucking right to say that. Ask ingo, iffn or selmer. They will tell you that I tried.

This is sad to read. You all can leave if you don't want to be here, but Dman I haven't seen you for months in PR. Even when I was active in PR you were never playing with us, you were always playing other games, doing your own thing and I even questioned it then that you seemed not to want to be a part of VG anymore. It shouldn't be one game or the other that keeps you here, it should be the fact we're a community and play all sorts of things. Instead of trying to organize something, or lead by example, you decide to just walk away from us? We've all be scattered lately due to real life, other issues, etc. but in the end, I don't see your contribution or commitment to VG in anything other than gaming so maybe that's part of the problem. I think you're making an emotionally charged decision and the best of VG is yet to come. If you don't want to help us develop into a better community and help fix the things you see wrong, then I wish you all the best. Sorry we couldn't live up to your expectations.

So tough to hear these types of talks again. I remember the sad days that events like this started to break apart *MC*. If it wasn't work, family, or money keeping us apart, it was the fact that we all got tired of playing BF2 and not everyone had the money to float to a different game at the time.

I loved the days of running 6-10 *MC* guys on a server and just blowing through the competition. I hope that the =VG= clan doesn't meet the same fate.

Vicious and Orion's memberships are what gravitated me to this site. I know the character of these guys, the hardships that they have been through, and I know that they will be there when I send out a shout!

I'm doing a little better in my life than I was in the *MC* days. A LOT has changed, most for the better. I hope to bring my love of *MC* into the =VG= clan and hopefully be honored as a member one day. Having a clan that plays the same games I play is awesome since I hate to roll onto servers alone. I do a lot better in games when I have teamwork on my side. Pub servers suck for teamwork unless you get mixed up with a clan that is running together.

Take heed guys, arguing about who did or didn't do this or that, will do nothing but draw lines in the sand. All hell breaks loose when someone feels the need to cross that line.

*Much Love and Respect*

It's like this: Poffadder, Savage, and I - even Solar now, seem to be heading up the Arma sector of VG, and I'm not joking that now is when we could really use someone with your experience and insight. Even if you're not gonna wear the tags, please feel free to drop in here and there. I'll drop a line when we have something worthy of testing, or an event I think we may enjoy together.
We so respect and even envy other successful groups who have paved the way such as ShackTac, UO, and 7th Cavalry. You, more than I, have played with them - have experienced "Arma the way it was meant to be played". Your input has always stuck with me.

I will always remember this, and that you taught it to me:
"Keep the MG at the rear of the column, that way no matter what contact you engage, he is in a better position to move right or left to set up and engage with his MG."

Will always consider you my buddy, even if you don't wear these tags. And I look forward to playing some Arma with you again, regardless of any of this. I don't need to "like" your decision to accept it. We'll be here, and I'll see you around, bro. We all will, I'm sure. And I don't think I'm alone when I say that the door is always open to good people like you.

!pals

dman248 LAN_WROTE ...

Really, I never tried.... Kidding me mate, I'm the reason why we even had Ace insurgency before on our servers, had it going a full month then everyone dropped it. I can't help it that people all the sudden decided to start trying it agains, Try getting people even to try calv. That was the hardest part.

Dont tell i did fucking nothing towards getting people to play ACE, I will find the old threads promoting it.

I ran Ace insurgency on our arma servers, OF that month we had 30 people that constantly came into our teamspeak to play, When it left they came back asking when it was coming back.

To tell me I did nothing makes me fucking angry. Angry dude. No fucking right to say that. Ask ingo, iffn or selmer. They will tell you that I tried.

Here's my take:

ACE is great and dman was great at showing everyone the ropes... then for whatever reason people got distracted (other games..whatever) and interest fell off for a while. I think that happens to any game, group, etc. For me I was still new to Arma and was just happy to play anything... ACE or no

For the last 6 months or so we have been trying to revive this interest in ACE/ACRE and I must say we have done a pretty good job.. we've had fairly regular events with as high as 18-20 players for some events. Calv was doing missions.. we were organized with mods and Six-Updater.. etc.

It has tailed off a bit over the summer (and the pain with 1.62 update.. betas.. ACRE.. other tech issues) but I'm hoping that it picks up again in September.

Anyway I think Calv's point was that now is the time to get going with ACE again as the interest is still high. I don't think anyone is saying you did nothing... you were the reason I was interested in ACE to begin with.. just that most of the players here now weren't even around back then.

Come back DMAN!!!!

• 4 weeks later...
Bro I wish you the best in what ever you decide. I must admit I have grown bored of games. But with the events with FH2 and ACE happening all the time it keeps it fresh for me. Be good man I will always cherish the great moments we had modding and testing your mission.