Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

PR Vietnam Release!!

dman248

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just gonna say one thing: Thumper.

Iffn and I were playing a sortof 2 squad, with 4 men each team, trying to hold a Temple cap point in AAS.
As a squad of NVA were flooding down a hill, Iffn and I took cover behind the massive trunk of some tropical tree, and as he was tossing grenades out to them, he shouted back to me a range of ~110 meters and closing.

I raised my M-79 Grenade Launcher to sight in a range of 100, and strafed out a bit from the giant root I was using as cover.

Thooomp..........BOOM!
Blood and guts and spit'n ass everywhere!!

Thumper. It kills NVA dead.

now, if it weren't for the other 40 or 50 of them emerging out of the jungle, we might have made it out with our lives!

BLuDKLoT =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

I installed Vietnam and it completely fucked up my PR install. Now when I run my shortcut, the game just crashes to desktop instead of launching to the splash screen..anyone else having problems?

no problems for me ???,i did go for the "include new desk top icon" though!

I found something in the help/tech support corner for you Blud. Maybe that solves the problem.

[quote]
1. Write down your username and password (bf2 multiplayer account)

2. Open the profiles folder (C:\Users\"User"\Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles)

3. Delete all files inside*

4. Start the game as admin
[/quote]
*note: you will loose all your gfx- and controll-settings

I installed Vietnam and it completely fucked up my PR install. Now when I run my shortcut, the game just crashes to desktop instead of launching to the splash screen..anyone else having problems?

Mmmmh, let me think about that to sort things out.
PRV is like a map mod. All vietnam stuff is integrated into the coremap (prv_base). PR_BASE isn't a map, its only a location to mount the stuff like weapons, vehicles, soldiers, texture, staticobjects, Atlas(the iconstuff for the minimap) etc. into the mod. That method can't screw up ur pr.

Technically, its an mappack.

Blud,

if u press the launch shortcut, pr must start up normally, if u want to play pr_vietnam, u must join a server that runs a pr_vietnam map. It isn't a seperate mod/shortcut. Where u installed the pr mod and prv modpack? Additionally, check ur compatiblemode for XP/SP3. Or, maybe, an corrupted downloadfile.

It's an nice addon.

Yes, but then you can re-paste your personal profile config files one by one, until you find the problem.
You should have no problem with the controls and shouldn't feel like you have to lose those (or your actual Profile itself).

I hope this helps - if not, I will be online to help troubleshoot this thing, perhaps between all us techies we'll find a solution.