Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Digital Combat Simulator Series

PanamanianDevil

Is there anyone here that's into the DCS series? Me and a couple friends are getting into this. I've got A-10C Warthog and now Black Shark 2 (which can be played on the same server).

By the way, Black Shark 2 is not sold on Steam, but if you buy it direct from digitalcombatsimulator.com and add the short cut to Steam you end up with the same as A-10C Steam version because neither of them track stats anyway.

I'm a huge Steam advocate.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe there are a few people here with A-10, not sure about BS2.

I enjoyed learning the A-10 and am fairly competent at it, but haven't really got a decent setup to use my HOTAS for long before it becomes uncomfortable. Been looking at getting something like: http://www.playseat.com/shop/eu/uk/flight-simulator/flight-simulator-chair.html
But it's a fair amount to drop at once.

Wouldn't mind giving BS2 a try but I'm a bit put off by it being a russian chopper,

Calv LAN_WROTE ...

Been looking at getting something like: http://www.playseat.com/shop/eu/uk/flight-simulator/flight-simulator-chair.html
But it's a fair amount to drop at once.

Holy crap, yea! I think you could buy you an acetylene torch, and arc welder, a padded seat, and enough 1" square tubing to build one of those for that much money!! Seriously, that is rediculously expensive compared to other "gaming seats" and I don't think it brings that much more to the table anyway.
!crazy

I expect the cost is reflective of the materials and construction quality. And it being a fairly niche item so lack of competition = higher price.

I don't think it is that expensive when I consider how many hours a day/week/year I spend at my computer. A normal armchair could cost around the same.

Hey PanamanianDevil,

Me, Bludklot, Chaz, Bones, Poffader, Calv, PITN, ASP, jackless89 and gamr748 should have it but I think I'm the only one who flies regularly.

Poffadder bought it on Saturday and we flew for a few hours yesterday, training to use GBUs and Mavericks in combination with the TGP and we panned to do an other flight during the week or on the weekend.

I never realy stopped flying since the beta and gotten back into it a few month ago. I now feel pretty comfortable using guns, the TGP, laser guided bombs, Mavericks and the basic cockpit system as the editor to create basic training missions.

My computer can run the game maxed out at a resolution of 1680x1050 pixels and I have TrackIR 5 and a Saitek X52 Pro joystick with a nice profile to play the sim.

I don't know in which timezone you live and how busy you are but I remember getting up at 6am (GMT+1) on a Saturday to fly with Chaz and Bones a few times. Apart from that, I would gladly join you for a flight from time to time. If you are new to the game, I can probably show you how to use certain systems and if you are already an expert, I should still be able to give you some fire support.

Cheers,
Iffn

Btw, don't bother buying it on Steam, it's 10$ more expencive than on there site, no Steam forums and Steam ingame might crash your game.

Iffn, that sounds like it's be a lot of fun. I have to warn you though that I'm a beginner with this title. I've managed to fly the Black Shark for roughly 3 hours on Sunday with a keyboard and I liked it a lot. I should be getting my flight stick that I ordered today and I'm going to be spending some time setting everything up. I'll jump into your ts and try to hook up with you if you're someone with patience. LOL

I've been really really really interested in this for a while, but I don't know if I can ever learn all of this by myself. I've been teetering on the fence on whether I should get a Track IR which I know I'll need for anything flight sim. related, but my confidence (after seeing the 371 page manual) has kept me from purchasing and trying it.

If I ever did learn this, I have a feeling that I'd be hooked on all things flight sim-related for years to come.

rockape LAN_WROTE ...

yah. i have a10 but not got into it much lately. and i use to fly blackshark with the 104th vfs a couple of yrs ago when it came out. not got BS2 tho. does BS1 still work online with ver2/a10??

No. You gotta get Blackshark 2 to play multiplayer with the new DCS Warthog servers.

I've been really really really interested in this for a while, but I don't know if I can ever learn all of this by myself. I've been teetering on the fence on whether I should get a Track IR which I know I'll need for anything flight sim. related, but my confidence (after seeing the 371 page manual) has kept me from purchasing and trying it.

If I ever did learn this, I have a feeling that I'd be hooked on all things flight sim-related for years to come.

I'm right there with you. I had the original Black Shark but didn't get into it much because frankly I was on my own. Now with Warthog being released on Steam and the new influx of players, I'm more inclined to spend some time to learn Black Shark 2 with friends.