Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

New Dedicated Server Provider

=VG= BLuDKLoT

Well this is our new Dedi!

Intel QuadCore Xeon E3-1270 4C/8T
16Gb DDR3 RAM
500GB HDD
Unlimited Gaming Bandwidth
Windows 2003 X64
TCAdmin Control Panel

It will host all our current stuff, plus some new ones we'll have access to. We'll be moving and migrating over the next couple days so some of our services will be temporarily disrupted due to the move.

thanks for your patience, you'll most definitely enjoy the new services!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The old server was in Gloucester, United Kingdom (England) and this new server is in Chicago, Illinois.

Savage, we'll get on the same page with it's administration as soon as everything is complete.

Thanks to all who participated in our Server Location Ping Test poll this past week. We will always, when possible, come straight to our members and players for input because they always come first here.
!2cool

SemlerPDX =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

The old server was in Gloucester, United Kingdom (England)
!2cool

well thats strange...
why is it that here in the U.K i get a ping of 180+ when playing in the VG PR server,and an average 40+ when i ping Gloucester!? hav i missed somthin !dntknw !pardon

back to the drawing board. Those guys at Xfactor servers are just as slow and unmotivated as our current providers. If we're going to get crappy service we might as well just stay where we are until something better comes along. I'm not impressed with their customer support at all and we haven't even joined up yet. That's a red flag baby!

Guest airbornealways
BLuDKLoT =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

back to the drawing board. Those guys at Xfactor servers are just as slow and unmotivated as our current providers. If we're going to get crappy service we might as well just stay where we are until something better comes along. I'm not impressed with their customer support at all and we haven't even joined up yet. That's a red flag baby!

Got to love those places with customer-no-service !angry

Most of the ones I know of are the more popular ones out there (gameservers, lowping, ......)

hey guys just some news on the move situation. I've been going back and fourth and as it turns out, our current host was just about to upgrade us to RAID hosting. Our current server with them is 5 Core 2.4Ghz / 8GB RAM / 235GB RAID so really for $5/mo. difference I think we might be good to just sit tight and see how the new RAID upgrade works before we move all our shit somewhere else and really Alpha-Networks has been good overall since we've been with them considering I'm hard to please, lol. Anyway, we're staying put for now.

Thoughtz?

I wonder just what they mean by "RAID upgrade"...

They may be refering to a Stripped Mirror array - I can't imagine that they would configure it as a simple 2 disk RAID 0 as it would risk total data loss if one of the drives were to fail.

If not RAID 0 Striped, they may upgrade us to a 4 disk RAID 1+0 (RAID 10) or RAID 0+1 which would mean serious performance increase in terms of data transfer for our many game servers on that box.
I am a big fan of RAID and know a bit about it, I just wish I knew what AN means by it.

Assuming you are staying we need to move your Cloud Dedicated Server to a new physical cluster host and its RAID protected storage.

Ideal we would like to do this within business hours.

Please let us know your though / if we can do this any time during the day.

We would like to do the move ASAP.

If business hours aren?t suitable please let us know what you would prefer.

If you are not renewing the service please let me know as we will just let the service lapse rither than moving you.

Your machine is hosted within our cluster which is made up of 64core / 256GB ram blade servers.

We have some of the best hardware in the industry, best network and best data centre location.

You would be comparing chalk and cheese.

Regards,

Aidan Marshall

Alpha-Networks Support Team