Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

[poll] Can we get that thorn out of our side?

xI_Yoda_Ix

Ever played with someone who doesn't do the right thing but rarely so wrong that you start a kick vote? Or maybe it was bad enough for a kick vote but the player doing the wrong thing has mates of similar character that keep the vote from reaching the goal?
Of late, I have been experiencing a rise in this type of situation. A hand full of players who walk up to the line, put one foot over it, repeatedly, but are smart enough not to cross it. It makes me feel like I am being played! The prick knows how to just push enough buttons to piss me off but doesn't give me enough ammo to have the little shit banned!
This is a problem for the admins of our servers. They receive complaints, over and over again but never enough evidence to ban the player and make it stick.
I for one feel that the body of evidence, the volume of complaints, should be enough to discipline a player who regularly and continually does the wrong thing. The question is, how large does the body of evidence has to be before action came be taken. 5 complaints, 10, 20, 50? 5 in one week, 50 in a month?
For me the answer is simple. It happens to me the other day chatting with an admin on TS. I was complaining about a player and the response I got was, "I am so sick of hearing that name." For me, if an admin has heard so many complaints about a player that they are sick of hearing the name it's cause to act and ban the asshole! No appeal, No recourse!
I trust the admins here at VG. I can't see myself questioning a decision they make with respect to purging servers of players who just don't do the right thing over and over again.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is addressed here. BTW I have banned people for testing the limits. 15-30 days on the beach first offense then probation, else permanent.

http://veterans-gaming.com/vg-plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?16257

There are a few names that I am seeing a little too often. I'm real close to puting one on the beach as it is. We'll see.

BLuDKLoT =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

We have a ZERO TOLERANCE policy for shit birds! Tell us who they are and we will get rid of them. However, let's make sure we have proof of some sort whether it's witnesses, pics, vid, etc..

Hey Blud, this is where the problem sits. Getting that bit of proof is difficult when its not a single act but rather the continued and repeated fracture of rules as apposed to breaking them. As I said in my post, the player(s) in question know the rules and push them to the point of breaking but rarely snap it but I am trying to gather the proof needed to put that final nail in the coffin.