Sign in to follow this  
Guest Chaz

California Airsoft And Paintball needs our help

Just recently, a Senate Bill was just passed on for an Assembly Vote, to make it illegal to own any "imitation firearms" ((i.e. Airsoft)), BB guns ((the once that shoot the little copper pellets)) or paintall markers that are not painted in a bright, neon paint, and/or be transparent, this will effect a LARGE portion of airsoft and paintball all over the country, seeing as there are airsoft and paintball manufacturers and distributors in California, and also many of them are imported over-seas through California, and the same bill could move on, all over the country, and this is all just to let Police Officers know if a gun is real or not, but what the Senator that came up with this doesn't realize, is that this will also get Police Officers killed, because whats to stop people from painting their actual firearms bright neon colors, and bringing them into public place and possibly shooting civilians and or Police

so please, if you could, sign this petition, SAY NO TO SB 798

http://www.change.org/petitions/say-no-to-california-state-sb-798-the-anti-airsoft-bill

thank you

((there were other things we could do, but at this moment I kinda forgot))

Guest Chaz
Signed.

It's just some renegade representative on a mission. It would seriously hurt the paintball/airsoft business. Imagine all these players showing up to the fields with bright orange guns. !fuk Especially scenario/woodsball players like myself that rely on camouflage.

I don't do airsoft, but I am tired of busybody, nanny-state politicians like this. Here's the full text/analysis of the bill:

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/11-12/bill/sen/sb_0751-0800/sb_798_cfa_20110427_154959_sen_comm.html

Basically, they want the laws for "Imitation Firearms" such as toy guns and water guns, to apply to "BB devices", to which they lump in airsoft. This is dumb for another reason because actual BB guns are NOT toys. You can hurt people or kill animals with BB guns. If I go to a sporting goods store and buy a Daisy or Crosman air rifle, is that going to have to be painted in neon colors? There's a reason that these guns do not have the red muzzle tip now precisely because they are not toys. If kids, or parents, see bright neon colored guns, are they going to think they're not potentially dangerous? Probably end up with a bunch of kids with their eyes shot out.