Sign in to follow this  
sgt-barclay

windows 8

Hey guys ive just install windows 8 beta onto my comp and this is the messy peace of shite have ever seen its a mix between a tablet os and windows 7 i really hope the final one is not like this at all

am prity savvy with comps wont admit am great at it ive try a few different linux and find them a pain in my side just get something to work on it i try all the programs like wine and still a pain its a good idea but thay really need simplafy linux a lot before thay get any place but i have to say ive been playing around with windows 8 for about 4 hours now and has some pros about it the networking even easier and thought vista and 7 was easy to sort . cons seem be the stupid tablet option and u cant seem shut the apps down by closing them u have cnt alt del and take off that (thay suspend but still in background) friend of mine says his android tablet is the same

Well said, Savage! And again, Windows 8 is a necessary direction for the company and technology in general.
As we move into this "Star Trek" era here with tablets, pads, and smartphones, we will need a good operating system for them. We could never have expected Windows Mobile to do everything, and think of size...tablets and touch screens are getting larger in size on a consumer level. It only makes sense that the same OS that runs on a small tablet (called a PDA in ages past) also runs on the deskstation machine (or "desktop").

For us PC Gamers, I'm not certain there will be any need or even draw to upgragde until the current Windows 7 is as obsolete as Windows 98 is now. What I mean is, plenty of businesses still run in NT and XP environments, and we still have plenty of gamers using Windows XP. For one example, they are not using DirectX 10 or 11 - this came after XP, but if Windows 8 doesn't bring any major functionality that works with or vastly improves upon computer video game capabilities, with titles that can take advantage of the same, I'm sure we'll all continue to run Windows 7 and DirectX 11 well into the future.

A gigantic tablet OS is not needed for these "hot rods" we game on, but data transfer speeds are the next wave.
Zoom Zoom

!racing

Guest Quick_Shot_NZL
I'm not really sure about this but should you back up your laptop/PC before installing windows 8 or something like it?

I love windows 7... I will probably do with 7 what I did with XP and that is run it until its absolutely ancient. Just recently came to windows 7. F Vista.

Long live Linux.

This is exactly the type of thing I've been waiting for. I cannot wait for the switch from windows 7 to 8 - people are going to be looking for alternatives and that alternative will be Linux on the desktop.

Finally Linux will get the attention (users and developers alike) that it deserves.

If I knew anything about Linux I would probably explore it... Unfortunately I am not as well versed as most who are into it.

SolarFlame =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

Long live Linux.

This is exactly the type of thing I've been waiting for. I cannot wait for the switch from windows 7 to 8 - people are going to be looking for alternatives and that alternative will be Linux on the desktop.

Finally Linux will get the attention (users and developers alike) that it deserves.

I'd like to agree but they've been saying that since Windows ME... not that I disagree and I would love to see Linux on desktops but.. I'm not going to hold my breath !download