Sign in to follow this  
Hakka

Real Time Immersive [videos inside]

Not sure if this is the wrong place to post this but whatever, I don't know if you ever heard about Realtime Immersive, I guess someone did.

It's about a kind of Simulator Armed Assault style developed with CryEngine 3. I would like to know if this is restricted for the open public and only the US military can test it, it will be a shame because it really looks good.

Here I have some gameplays.

Official Site

I hope you enjoy the info!

Arma III is better...

The engine is awesome but still looks like a videogame in many aspects (the faces, the movement, explosions...), from what we have seen from Arma III you would be able to call it everything but game.

Guest plymike
Yes but people are still going to fool around on ARMA III and all other public video games. If this is designed for the military and military only its going to be extremely strict and correct teamwork required at all times. Will ARMA III have all the assets that would be available to the military, probably not. Also the backpack sensor (others possibly) and helmet display, sounds like you're not going to be using a keyboard and mouse?

"Nuclear Power plant Simulator" I doubt that ARMA III will have this. From what it sounds like, its made for training, not to have fun. If you ask me RTI is as close as a computer simulator will get to not being a game between ARMA III and RTI. Its also supported by NCS which pretty much leads design in real world simulation. They design flight simulators, combat simulators, etc.

Bohemia Interactive's military simulator, Virtual Battle Space 2, is being used by militaries around the world right now to train soldiers. Their game version of the VBS2 engine is the Real Virtuality Engine, but it can be fully customized by programmers to do anything you can imagine.

What I'm saying is, you could very easily design a "Nuclear Power Plant Simulator" inside Arma 2 (or more easily with Arma 3 and Java).

This looks pretty nice - sucks we can't play it ourselves...