Sign in to follow this  
=VG= SemlerPDX

Live from Vegas: Dio and their Top 100 Hit "Holy Diver"! What's wrong with this picture?

I have no real problem with bands performing 40 years after their music was in the Billboard Top 100, but when over 60% of the perfomers have died of drug overdoses, or whatever, it may be time to throw in the towel or at least re-invent the act.
And although Bob Dylan is pretty much a one man band, I'd like to propose the same rule apply.

Only meant it in silly fun.

For the record, I know every word to every song from the 70's, and the song Holy Diver as well. I rock out to them often, and meant no disrespect. As I write this, I am listening to West LA Fadeaway by the Dead, and am reminded of how I cannot talk to my oldest brother, Zachary, about the Dead. Understand that I have so many questions because knew Jerry, rolled with the Family for YEARS, stopped well before Jerry passed, and cannot even think about it now, let alone talk about it.

Oh for the love of cheese.....

Seriously, I can't describe what I thought you meant, but I assume it's clear I though you were highly offended.

Now I get to, instead of going back to my super killer awesome HALO script, replace the original comment, and revise my subsequent one.

!blush

What's wrong with this picture is that when 60% have gone, or passed away, it seems improper to bill the act the same as it used to be billed.

Case in point: My Mom yelling at a Peter Frampton concert, "WHERE IS ALL HIS HAIR?!?!?!!!!!!"

Or if the musician takes requests and stumbles on songs he/she wrote, you kinda get this sorta "facepalm" feeling, but you're still rockin out at the concert..

=VG= SemlerPDX LAN_WROTE ...

Only meant it in silly fun.

For the record, I know every word to every song from the 70's, and the song Holy Diver as well. I rock out to them often, and meant no disrespect. As I write this, I am listening to West LA Fadeaway by the Dead, and am reminded of how I cannot talk to my oldest brother, Zachary, about the Dead. Understand that I have so many questions because knew Jerry, rolled with the Family for YEARS, stopped well before Jerry passed, and cannot even think about it now, let alone talk about it.

lol there nothing to stress over man I just found it weird that I put my Dio shirt on then come sit at my PC and see this post relating to Dio, that's all I was trippin on, now your trippin on something else, this is a trip, lol.

:D i also love the songs from DIO i wish there were many more great bands like them... but those which got popular either went mainstream by now or "died away".