Sign in to follow this  
suomikeizari

ignorance kills.

i just read about this accident in New York 2 days ago, a 9 year old boy choked on meatballs and no one new how to help him, hell someone actually advised to put his fingers down his throat -_-

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/18/9yearold-nyc-boy-chokes-i_n_1156265.html

If you're unsure what to do in this kind of situation, please google this: ''heimlich maneuver'' it might brake bones but its a small price to pay compared to what happened.

And if you see any articles about accidents that could've been avoided with a little knowledge, please, post it here.

Holy #$%@ someone said that. Well can we just aware them "honorary Darwin award"? The fact that they don't teach that in school anymore is horrifying. I think its about time to quiz the kids and make sure they know what to do if I start choking on a burger or something. Xp

Wow i wonder what was going through peoples minds to not help a 9 year old whos choking.
Stuff like that aint taught in schools anymore, you have to take part in something like Cadets or First Aid classes. Luckily im first aid trained.

I learned the "heimlich man?ver" in my company.
That is the first u learning, if u make the job of an BHV'ler = BedrifsHulpVerlener "Netherlands FirstAid Training".

Additionally, i have an certificate for an AED too.
Good to know such things about FirstAid, if something happens to an loved one (child etc.)

We germans, must have at least a FirstAid Training, if u want a driver license. Its an requirement.

=VG= Fastjack LAN_WROTE ...

I learned the "heimlich man?ver" in my company.
That is the first u learning, if u make the job of an BHV'ler = BedrifsHulpVerlener "Netherlands FirstAid Training".

Additionally, i have an certificate for an AED too.
Good to know such things about FirstAid, if something happens to an loved one (child etc.)

We germans, must have at least a FirstAid Training, if u want a driver license. Its an requirement.

First Aid Training for a drivers license? Thats pretty cool.
I have a AED certificate aswell, always good to have something even if you may never use it

in class four we had a brief first aid training lesson including "lateral recumbent position" "bandaging" and "mouth-to-mouth respiration" and we learned to pound on a choking persons back to use air pressure to shoot out whatever is choking them.

I also come from germany and here whoever is learning how to drive also has to get a first aid training or you cant get the drivers license.