Sign in to follow this  
=VG= Murderface0151

3DMark Vantage Scores.

Hey there all you PC Enthusiasts.

thought i'd put together a thread to compare 3DMark Vantage scores. For those of you that do not know what this is, it is a hardware benchmarking system that runs a series of tests, for both GPU and CPU, then gives you feedback via a scoring system.

a free version of 3DMark Vantage can be downloaded here. http://www.3dmark.com/3dmarkvantage/download/

i'll kick it off with my scores.

Overall Score - P7491
GPU Score - P6699
CPU Score - 11612

overall my system rated fairly low due to the bottleneck with my GPU.

i would very much like to compare CPU scores with some other guys though, especially anyone else that has a Phenom. so please take part :)

i also began this thread as i thought it would be a good way to see the impact of new hardware with solid numbers, and to see the physical difference made with a new CPU or GPU or RAM etc to someones system, it might also help anyone else decide on what they want to upgrade next - a sort of number based review.

Regards,
Murder

New build.
Maximus IV extreme -z core I7 2700k @5ghz w/cooled
xfx radeon 5970 black edition.

32006 3d marks
graphics 34367
cpu 26537

yeh i think it was worth it . Clocks to 5 ghz no problem but dont use that overclock 24/7 only for gaming . Long time since i had a new setup anyway so i wanted something that would last me a good while .

Turbo wil take it to 4ghz without doing any adjustments myself . Other overclocking profiles can be loaded and adjusted in Windows through AI Suite which saves having to reboot after changing any values . Very useful.

Cooling is through a Laing D5 vario pump ,Xspc 360 rad, EK supreme water block and the 3 scythe fans on the rad . Rad fits inside the top of the Coolermaster HAF X case keeping it neat and tidy .Gaming temps at around 48 /49 degrees .