Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest DTRON

Restrepo

13 posts in this topic

Has anyone see the 2011 Oscar nominated documentary Restrepo about marines battling in Korengal?
All about a platoon creating and holding an FOB in Afghanistan named after a fallen mate.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1559549/

http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/255567253/restrepo?tab=summary

I have seen this movie. it was nominated? Great. One of the best war documentaries i've ever seen.
If you liked this, you should watch Armadillo. It's about a platoon of dutch soldiers in Helmand, Afghanistan.
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=aaf_1274398164

And there's also HBO's The Battle For Marjah, that i haven't seen yet.

HBO's war films/series do rock. I'll check them both out. XD

Sometime ago we had our own OP Restrepo in Arma 2. It was under constant attack from insurgents, just like in real life. Was good.

I saw it on Nat Geo. It was quite moving and gritty. It was a real story of combat in Afghanistan. Where no one is sure of who the enemy really is.

Armadillo was pretty decent they end when that guy nade spammed the insurgents was pretty good

Yeah, and them some guy called his mum and said "Mommy, we kill people with guns and explosives" And shitstorm started.

Loved Restrepo. Gonna have to see that Armadillo. Thank goodness for Netflix!

Bad news. Tim Hetherington, who co-directed Restrepo with Sebastian Junger, was killed in Libya on April 20, while covering the front lines in the besieged city of Misrata.

"Just days after Hetherington's death in Misrata, the Libyan city of Ajdabiya renamed its largest square after him. Anti-Gaddafi protesters also held a march to the newly rechristened Tim Hetherington Square in his honour. "We have named the square after this hero and I now consider Tim as one of our martyrs," Al Jazeera quoted a Libyan surgeon in the city as saying."

Rest In Peace, Tim.

hmm gotta watch em, we've got some Afghanistan documentary from Finnish troops too but our area is situated on the northern side of Afghanistan, not much action..

Earlier we have in our own operations Restrepo ARMA 2. It is in the constant attacks on the rebels, just as in real life.....

Restrepo was 10/10, Maximum respect to all U.S forces serving in Afghanistan, Especially the Korengal Valley.
one of the best documentaries i've ever seen because it was from a 1st person perspective. didnt dilute the action and wasnt afraid of showing gore. very gritty and down to earth, i'd recommend it to anyone