Sign in to follow this  
IHarryXx

Airsoft [BB]

Hey guys, does anyone play Airsoft or know how to spot the good guns from the bad guns?
I'm taking up Airsoft and need help on purchasing my first rifle. If anyone can get links to great guns I would appreciate it. I'm looking for Full Metal and durable in fields and rain.
Thanks...Harry

I've had like six guns and the general rule I've noticed is that you get what you pay for. Now the highest end gun I bought was a 90$ auto-electric HK, not metal, so that may not apply to the higher end stuff like full metal. Bottom line advice from me (again, not guaranteeing my reliability here) is to look up the big manufacturers online, find what role you want, read reviews, and look for the cheapest of that you can find. Standard internet shopping. !a8

On a side note, just how badly are you planning to beat this thing? If its no different to you, then yeah go for the high end stuff, I will be jealous lol. But if you're trying to budget, I know some guys with really nice non-metal rifles that can go toe to toe with any gun out there and cost a fraction of full metal.

Finally, now I don't know your situation, your experiences, or how committed you are to this, but lets just say if I were shopping for my first gun, I would try to avoid dumping $200+ on a gun before i knew what I liked and had some experience. Just me.

Hope that helped. Good Luck!

i have a little experience in this area. i can tell a good gun from a good gun but thats about it. i haven't really gotten into it like i did paintball. but like paintball it all depends on price range man.

Dman, I know, I've taking part in 1-2 skirmishes there, Borrowed from my uncle and didnt really pay attention to his rambling about the guns. Jangman, I have a Site with Full Metal M4's around $200.
RedWolf Airsoft : http://redwolfairsoft.com

i'd say the full metal cased are almost better.
also if you're buying it cheap its likely that you get crap.
i wanted a realistic h&k G3 softair rebuild with metal parts and it would've been 400 euro.
a friend has the m4 in full metal and its a great weapon.

I've been buying broken airsoft guns and selling them for about 6 months. Out of about 12 I've purchased the most expensive fix was $12. If you are a tinkerer you might look into buying from the "boneyards". You can usually get guns for less than 1/2 price. Most of the guns in the boneyards are the "knock off's" made in china. They are usually exact copy's of the high end ones with lower quality parts and quality control. Sometimes you can get amazing deals and other times you still can save some. I have never spent over $80 for any gun so far. I have at the moment a JG g36c, D Boys SCAR, Well MP7, AGM L96, TSD L96, TSD Triple Shot Shotgun, (2)Well L96g's, and a Kart M14. All were under $80 some as low as $10. 90% of them came looking brand new. Most of them had very minor problems. I did get an M14 socom for $6 that was in many pieces but it was still worth the $6. So far all of them have been working great. I can give you links to some of the sights I have ordered from if you are interested.

Lam

Lam are the guys you got, suitable for the crappy British weather? :P and I have my eyes set on this gun, costs quite a bit but, the reviews are good.

Not sure about how they would do in your weather. I would say as long as you read a lot of reviews you should be good to go. Everyone is going to have a different budget. I'd say buy something at a price you're comfortable with to get started. I'd look for guns that are compatible with other guns so parts will be easy to find. There are also a ton of ways to upgrade if you need to. If you get into it like I have there will always be another gun you want. I think my wife is about to kick my butt for not selling some of mine fast enough. What gun were you looking to get?

Lam

Full Metal M4A1, I'm looking to get_- http://redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/AEG_AEP_RedWolf_Custom_Guns_Redwolf_Custom_M4A1_Full_Metal.htm
Jangman, great gun, and you can trust evike, I've seen many reviews on that gun, I don't have the link to them though.

I'd say both of those are great entry level guns. Not to pricey and a great starting platform if you want to upgrade. They both look like they can hang in there with the "big name" guns.

HI!
i have a ICS M4 full metal (well exept the Buttstock) upgraded whith a systema spring, piston, piston head, spring guide, cylinder,air nozzle, King Arms Silver Cords & Switch, using a 9,2v battery! even at the beginig with out the upgrades the rifle was ok! i have face all weather conditions with no problems. the most important thing though is to have a full metal rifle! you dont want to land on you rifle and break it! :p seen it hapen whith a tokyo marui.

Haha, I've done that once with a rifle I bought from a car boot, tripped over and broke it, while getting a face full of dirt. :P