Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
=VG= Fastjack

Coop Insurgency Gamemode Python modification

6 posts in this topic

How to initialize insurgency gamemode into coop gamemode

Important : Before you change or touch anything - BACK IT UP !!!
Any changing will not destroy the ability to play online because the gameserver runs his gamemode python and not interact with your modified pythoncode. The pythoncode you going to modify is only used if you play a local round or your machine is the server in a LAN party.

Go into your Project Reality BF2 folder -> mods -> pr -> python -> game -> gamemodes -> and open with notepad the gpm_coop file.

You will see following :

# co-op<br />#<br /># $Id: gpm_coop.py 1763 2007-07-10 19:33:37Z dbzao $<br /><br />import coop<br /><br />def init():<br />    coop.init()<br /><br />def deinit():<br />    coop.deinit()

All we have todo is to import the insurgency gamemode code:

import insurgency<br /><br />def init():<br />    insurgency.init()<br /><br />def deinit():<br />    insurgency.deinit()<br /><br />

The final must look like this :

# co-op<br />#<br /># $Id: gpm_coop.py 1763 2007-07-10 19:33:37Z dbzao $<br /><br />import coop<br /><br />def init():<br />    coop.init()<br /><br />def deinit():<br />    coop.deinit()<br /><br />import insurgency<br /><br />def init():<br />    insurgency.init()<br /><br />def deinit():<br />    insurgency.deinit()

Save and close.

If you start now a coop game, the stanndard AAS4 layer (coop conquestmode uses the AAS4) is broken for normal coop conquestmaps.
Reason is, the insurgency python check in background, if any ammocache can spawn or is already spawned/active.
If you run now a non insurgency map, that means a map, where no ammocache can be spawned because there is no ammocache spawner in the GameplayObject.con (GPO) the game will end in favor for Blufor after few seconds.
Some maps like Gaza, Lashkar, Ramiel, al Basrah have some (few) ammocache spawners and that maps will work but after few matches you know (remember) every ammocache location and this will kill the fun.

If you want to play again a normal coop conquest round, exchange MODIFIED with the BACKUP file and everything turn back to normal.

Coop Conquest python variables customisation

Go to your Project Reality BF2 folder -> mods -> pr -> python -> game -> realityconfig_coop

Here, we must make some changes in some variables like, how many INTEL is needed to reveal an ammocache.
Tbh, it's coop and bots always running into their death so we must increase the amount of INTEL that is needed to have a little bit longer fun.
The standard 50 INTEL points you need, is done in 3-4 minutes and that is really short.
A cas pilot can easy earn all INTEL that is needed for all ammocaches in 15 minutes and dont forget, the first ammocache location at mapstart going automatically known after 5 minutes.
I recommend a value between 75 and 100 INTEL.

To change this, look for the line

How much intel needed to reveal an objective on the map# Default is 50 intel pointsC['INSURGENCY_REVEAL_INTEL'] = 50

and change it to

How much intel needed to reveal an objective on the map# Default is 50 intel pointsC['INSURGENCY_REVEAL_INTEL'] = 100

Another time effect we can control is the receiving time for Blufor getting the information, where the ammocache is located.
This must be balanced because of the former INTEL variable how much INTEL points are needed to reveal a ammocache location.

Look for
How many seconds it takes for the attacking team to receive the information about a revealed objective#Default is 300 secondsC['INSURGENCY_REVEAL_INTERVAL'] = 300

and change it to

How many seconds it takes for the attacking team to receive the information about a revealed objective#Default is 300 secondsC['INSURGENCY_REVEAL_INTERVAL'] = 210

Another important thing we must change is , how many ticket a team will loss, if they lose a controlpoint.
The coop python and insurgency python running at the same time and if Blufor capture a Opfor flag, Opforteam will lose it from their total tickets!
Opfor team have at mapstart in insurgencymode total 50 tickets and this tickets cant be drained by losing vehicles or soldier lives. Opfor can only lose tickets by losing a ammocache (ammocache = 10 Tickets).
If we dont change the ticketloss for controlpoints, Opfor will also lose ticket for losing flags.
Change it to value 0!

Look for the line

Tickets lost when losing a flag (both neutralized and captured)# Default is 30 ticketsC['TICKETS_CP'] = 30

and change it to

Tickets lost when losing a flag (both neutralized and captured)# Default is 30 ticketsC['TICKETS_CP'] = 0

Now, no team will lose tickets if they lose a flag but we want to punish Blufor, if Opfor control at all flags.
This can be compensated in the GPO -> Controlpoints Teamvalue.
We can do this also in the pythoncode but it can also fixed easy mapbased.

So, sofar i remember is that all that must be changed in python to play coop insurgency but keep in mind :

Important : Before you change or touch anything - BACK IT UP !!!

Now we need maps that are prepared for coop insurgency.

Thanks for taking the time to figure this out and for writing it up, Coop insurgency is something i always wished PR had. I'm keen to take a look and play around with it.

Good luck, i look forward to seeing any further developments.

Meiz, you are an =VG= member. I have already some maps that can be tested.
I will upload when i finish my work (i am currently in netherlands at my work) but all maps are WIP. They have some spawns, that must be deleted (was only for testing).

I will also upload the modified pythoncode, so noone must fuck around with that..

Amazing work, man - you've been busy!!!

Yes that true, but i paused for 2 month with that project because my girl and me found another house.
It is a old house (in good condition and bigger) and we decided to rent it (realy cheap with big garden) and i have nearly the same nature (big forest) around me like you Semler.
We make many things new like the power supplies and new cables, extended roof, made new isolation androofseals.
New windows etc.

I will post some pictures, when i am done. 1. February i move.
I dont know how fast the new internet connection will be done so i have to make some things now because there comes another time without internet.

Also my company needs my full attention.

Semler, you can give me a upload plattform to upload some stuff related to that topic here !gamer

Hmmm, Some things chnaged in 1.3.5 as i read in the pr forums.

I can setup now the total amount of ammocahes that must be destroyed via init.con (mapbased) in a map.
That's a good improvement.

Also the new toys