Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
=VG= Melon Muncher

PR ins

15 posts in this topic

Made a thread for this !thx

OK, that's the status.
I can run Coop with the insurgency features like random cache location spawn.
Seems to me, that the INTEL shit also work.
It is a hell of job, to MINE muttrah with random ammocache locations.
I stopped by 368.

I don't know yet, if the bots also use the cache as spawn location.

Maybe limit it to a few spots first and make sure it is working instead of going nuts.
Second point, I'd say it's like the rally points, only squad 1 and only if there is no other spawn.

Currently, we can also use the conquest featureg(capture flag) gamemode. We can capture flags and destroying caches.
Round will ends if 7 caches are destroyed. Bots have always 70 tickets and lose 10 tickets per cache.
In my opinion, we can make the gamemode like this:

Humanteam must find and destroy caches to drain bot tickets.

Bots must capture flags to drain human team tickets.

So humanteam must search and defend.

How sounds this?

If you could get the bots doing somewhat cache defence using SAs it might be better, not much of a challenge to destroy unguarded caches.
Flag idea might be worthwile if you have a lot of small flags all capable at once so the bots aren't blocked by a single line. Random spawns scattered across the maps linked to uncap might be a good idea.

Blufor Bots cannot hunt down caches. For this, some tweaks has to be done, like adding ghost PCO to the cache but that would destroy the online game ability

Not much point then if it destroys online, that's where the fun is at. No use with SAs?

Next step is, creating insurgent faction unit sp with the CIVILIAN and look if the shit also work with the INTEL

Not hard to do, just remove weapons from every ins kit to test. !gundown

Like I said out of comp at the moment, so no PR modding/playing. Probs for a while so I can't look at what you've done ingame.

Ok Gentlemen,

sorry but i am in hurry, today is my birthday,also one of my best 2 friends gonna married today (Standesamtlich), yesterday had the other best friend of me birthday and tomorrow is the wedding in the church.
That's also the reason why i cant play the VIP event !blackeye

My test are only done in PR 0.97 but i looked in the editable part of the 1.3 python and it seems to me it will also work.
Dont wanna test it with my 1.3 prmod yet.

About Strategic Areas (SA's): Using to much SA#s without customized strategies (ESAI) plugins ends in commanderspam.
Can be decreased with well planned "ONE WAY & TWO WAY" neighbours.

I will test something like 1 ins mainbase, 3 big controlpoints in the city (capture range like 125 - 150 meters and cache locations and dock staging area and carrier) the cache locations are inside the capture range and the humans must capture the flag (not easy because its really big) and bots will come over and over to capture the flag. Protecting the cache isn't really possible without heavy modding). Only way to keep humans off the cache is killing them if they searching for it.

The bot counter attack the flag and if the bots capture it the humans will lose a big amount of tickets = something like if human lose 5 times a flag they will lose the game.

I will try also something like adding few non CP SA's of each city flag (and add NORTH, SOUTH, EAST, WEST, CENTER<-big hind MELON) to the SA's flagtypes).

TO MELON, some or all of ai supported maps missing such FLAGTYPES - such flagtypes help the bots to act more better with ESAI. In the moment you use ESAI at 50%. There are also some tricks with vehicle treenodes modifiers but that knowledge is out of my range.

I am in hurry but i will update soon.

Maybe limit it to a few spots first and make sure it is working instead of going nuts

I tested with 14 random ammocaches.
Randomspawn works. Also the revealed cache and hidden cache shows up on minimap correctly.
The additional rpg & pkm spawning also at the cache. Insurgent tickets dropping to 70 tickets.
This part is looking good yet.

If you could get the bots doing somewhat cache defence using SAs it might be better, not much of a challenge to destroy unguarded caches.

If i use to much non cp SA's, both teams getting horrible commanderspam (solutions yet, one must play commander).
Non cp SA's have no capture time. Bots getting orders to attack SA 1 and 5 seconds later he get the order to attack SA 2 and this game over and over. Bot walk 5 meters direction SA 1 and 5 seconds later to SA 2.
Test was without ESAI. I dont know if we can find a good mapstrategy for this type of ai battle.
I know there a timers for mapstrategies in ESAi but i must test if that help a bit.

Bots cannot defend (yet but i got crazy idea) caches like camping it and wait for the enemie like human would do.

Flag idea might be worthwile if you have a lot of small flags all capable at once so the bots aren't blocked by a single line. Random spawns scattered across the maps linked to uncap might be a good idea.

To much Flags can also cause commanderspam. Its an SA like the non cp SA. But ESAI can fix that. Only thing we must do is give the SA an extra importance and that can handled by the flagtypes with ESAI. I will try that option.

I was thinking about like having 3 controlpoints (battleflags) inside of the city with a big capture radius.
The Ammocaches are inside of the SA's of the controlpoints. When BLUFOR team enters a capture area, bots will start defend or counterattack.
BLUFOR have to eliminate all bots in that area to re-/capture the flag (higher capturetime).
Its not easy to gain control of a flag with 120 meters capture radius with high capturetimes.
Blufor have to hunt the insurgents to clean the capture area to push the capture process. Also, BLUFOR must start searching the caches and i am sure they will encounter some bots on their way.
If BLUFOR reveals a cache, because they earned enough INTEL, there is no way for me to give bots the order to defend the ammocache. GameOver for that cache

The key is playtime / INTEL:
Increasing the INTELpoints requirements that is needed to reveal a ammocache.
Blufor team will spend many time by checking each building, corner, gap, bushes to find the unknown.

Other key is flagcontrol:
The ability for bots to recapture flags is the only way to force the BLUFOR team to build a defense in each captured controlpoint and that reduces the amount of players who is searching for the unknown ammocaches.
If REDFOR recaptures a controlpoint, BLUFOR get a huge ticketdrop. Thats the only way, that bots can win a round.

You need defenders and hunters.

Not much point then if it destroys online, that's where the fun is at. No use with SAs?

Ammocache dont have an ai.template right. Its an requirement to give the ai the info that the ammocache is important like vehicles or stationary machine guns.
I will give the ammocache an ai.Template and look if that can help.
VOID told me there is a way to make an SA, that spawned an ammocache with the right ai.template, more important for the ai because the SA checks for a vehicle in the SA if the flagtypes are like landspawner and in the strategies is a vehicle treenode modifier or however its called.

Not hard to do, just remove weapons from every ins kit to test.

And i want that the civi's attacking our vehicles and soldiers with stones !!!!!!!!! and when BLUFOR kills a civi the guy lose points and INTEL get decreased.

Here we go Gentlemen

http://i.imgur.com/i3L7TM1.jpg
My First Ammocache. The first one shows up (get known) after roundstart. (delayed 200 sec)

http://i.imgur.com/3RVO2s8.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/EyWW8mm.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/bmFdRio.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/VDCKcLn.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/YdiHtkV.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/usFntil.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/AvjBBxu.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/uKRIzfD.jpg
The last cache. round ends.
http://i.imgur.com/TrrGTih.jpg

PR INS COOP MODE
http://i.imgur.com/HxoPtM3.jpg

Intel point system also works great. First cache showed up. I tested if the 2nd one get also known. He does!
http://i.imgur.com/VzguBgO.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/JxamMeX.jpg

I tested everything out in 0.97.
I had to change some values inside of the python coopmode. First i lost also tickets after losing a flag.
I changed the settings to zero and now it works like a charme.
At round start i had much commanderspam but a while later it was good.
It comes in intervals depending how much all troops are scattered on the map and how much non cp SA's are captured.
I placed 3 battleflags in the city. Each CP SA is surrounded by multiple big non cp SA's.

I cannot comfirm that only squad 1 spawns at ammocaches. I saw squaddies of1 and 1^guy of squad 2 spawning at the cache but only once. I cannot say if the spawn or not by an ammocachesapwn.

After testing and ending a round without crash, i renamed the GPO objectspawners and placed the map into PRBF 1.3.
I changed some values in the python and started a game.
I tested layer 64 and 32. One of them is bugged (4 caches spawned at once). The other layer was good. The layer is importnt i think.

Yeaha, found a way, that the bots spawn at the ammocache.
I tested various tweaks, but the simplest thing is to remove squadleaderspawn from the init_sp.con.
But it is better to have also some normal spawnpoints scattered on the map.

I found also a good layout for the non-cp sa's or how i place them on the map.

In theory and practiice, yes, sir.

The thing is .....

i combined the coop import python with the insurgency python gamemode.
That means it run's conquest and insurgnecy at same time

Problem is ... if you combine both pythons, each map that runs, must have ammocaches in the GPO (the spawnshit template) or the rounds ends like after 10 seconds. The python check at roundstart the amount of ammocaches and if there nones round ends.

Some maps have already ammocaches inside like RAMIEL, GAZA, BASRAH and few others. This maps will work but there are only few ammocaches (like 10, after playing 3 rounds you know where the caches spawn because lack of ammocaches spawns).

It will break the normal conquestmode (not permanently because you can change back to the old settings).

Solution could be:

Running a server with conquest and another server with insurgency gamemode. But that cost money.
I heared Savange can run a insurgency pr server (there is a slot because one arma2or3 mod not work idk).

Or

we can switch per day or week basis or make it as event.

But for a good working coop insurgency map, we need to make remakes of the maps (cloning).
I have already Muttrah converted and it runs good but not perfect.

It works but i cannot be sure because i play it on my machine on local and i dont know how this work without crashes on a dedi server.

Since my birthday, i'm hard working on this everyday (coming home after work, run BF2 Editor and create strategicareas for the bots and test them).

If this work, we are (=VG=) the first coop pr server and i am sure it will impact like a meteor in the pr coop gaming community.

About gameplay,

the first ammocache get known after few minutes roundstart (it's standard). Bots cannot really defend the cache like camping but at least they can spawn from it.

If the Blufor team get to close to the ammocache location, the bots cannot spawn anymore at the cache (same like deployment).
The first ammocache get destroyed really soon but the 2nd that is up must be revealed with INTEL points or it is invisible and invincible in UNKNOWN state.

You need to kill bots to get INTEL. Same as in Insurgency.

I added 3 combatflags in the middle of muttrah. The Blufor need to capture the flags to stop the high ticketbleed and must also defend them.
After earning 50 Intelpoints (values can be changed higher/lower), team blue getting after 3 minutes the info where the next cache is (50 meter radius). Not the exact position.
Team blue goes for the cache and i hope they will encounter m,any bots on their way.
Than, same game again. Kill 50 bots, get INTEL and go for cache.

After destroying (X) ammocaches (values can be changed, also how many ammocaches are up at same time), rounds end in victory for Blufor. If Blufor team doesnt get all caches before they run out of tickets, Blufor lose.

The nice thing is, you see places on muttrah, where you never was before in coop and sometimes you have more action as in deployment.

omg this sounds epic lol. Good job bro you're kicking ass on this thing I'm not that savvy with the geeky shit but I'm here for testing if u need help

i can remember a round where we played on al basra hunting ammocaches with fastjack as leader. it was fun indeed!

Exactly Speirs,

and now, years later, we can play real insurgency coop and blowing up caches like a boss.

Maybe you don't remember, but you was also a part of the team who tried to get it to work.

I need later your Photoshop skills, Speirs.

Status report :

Everything works as intended. The only thing that i must reduce is the commanderspam.
Sometimes, he spams orders, sometimes he's quit like a dead mouse.

Last step is now to create a new insurgents faction with the civilian bot kit.
Will try first the MULTIPLAYER kit. Hope it will not crash.

I added insurgent bipods to some buildings, stationary 50 cal's on roofs and a bit more static defense for the bots scattered everywhere on the map. Playing a sniper kit makes now sense.

Sad thing is in PR 1.3, the unknown cache is invisible and cannot destroyed until its known. I liked the 0.97 insmode where you was able to stumble upon the unknown cache.

Gotcha ......

Fastjack =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

... I need later your Photoshop skills, Speirs.

sure thing bro! let me know what u need and i'll try to deliver !download

small update:

Got also permissions from PRDev Rudd, to make a copy of burning sands for the insurgency project.

I have also contact with some old friends of the bfsp forum, maybe they can help me too (for the gadget i planned).

Muttrah is close to be finished.

Had not much time last week. rl !blackeye