Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pinefang

Fresh meat wants to fly

8 posts in this topic

Hi all, my name is Steve (Pinefang) and I heard of your site from a fellow veteran. I enjoy flying DCS A-10 and Falcon 4.32. I am new to the Falcon game and have been looking for a loose place to practice flying the F-16 in MP. I understand that there is an open server here that allows that. Thought I found it but couldn't get past the 2D map. Could someone help me with the prerequisites of joining up with you guys if possible? Thanks in advance.

Sure man - I see that you are online right now, I'll help you get onto the server.
!hi

Edit: Though our forums are having issues showing the posts or other items, I found this info page for you -

VG Falcon BMS Server Details: http://www.veterans-gaming.com/page.php?224

*my laptop is just to crappy to stay logged into teamspeak. I'm afraid I've gotta log out for today, but I will keep checking back here at the site for your reply. See you soon!

Hi SemlerPDX=VG=
Thanks for responding, so we are both in Portland it looks like. Sorry I had some things to take care of and had to leave for awhile, sure wish I hadn't missed you. I am usually available to fly anytime Mon-Fri 1200 to 1600 and on Saturday from1200 to 1500. I use TS3 in DCS and have Veterans-Gaming ready to go in it. As I said I was able to get to the 2D map but no further. I will be on team speak tomorrow at 1200. Or if you would rather you could e-mail me a specific time @ swilkins@hevanet.com. Thanks again for the reply.

Welcome Pinefang to VG, I am here to help. make sure you PM on here so I can meet you over on TS.

TAC! Wassup!!
Another person that is keen to help.

Just in time - I am unavailable today, things have come up (mostly eye, neck, and muscle pains to a severe degree). Unless things improve by 12pm, I'm afraid I gotta take the day off as it were.

I know TAC will help you !fans

I am still looking for some help to get on line on this server. If there is anyone that is willing to help me out I would appreciate it a lot. I have TeamSpeak and have gotten on line but what I am looking for, if it exists on the server is a free flight mission where anyone can join and fly as a lone wolf kind of mission and possibly join up with others if the possibility presents itself. I would not need much of your time. Like I said I don't know if what I am talking about even exist on the server, please let me know. I am available this week Tuesday on between 1200 to 1600 PST. Thanks in advance.

Send a private message (that white box that says "PM" under each of these posts) to TAC - I'm sure you and he can set up a time to do this. Best I could do would be to get you online, I don't even have a computer capable of running BMS at present.

Free Flights are easy on our server - we call them TE (Tactical Engagements) and they can be initiated on our server without harming it, and without joining the full blown Korean War campaign in progress.

I gotta say, it's been a hell week for me. I'm not retired at 35 because I'm lazy - and if it weren't for my family's help this last week, I'd not even be able to "fake usefulness" for a few hours day. Like I said, contact TAC via PM - schedule a time and he'll meet you. I may be unavailable until my body settles down.
!hi