Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Saitek X-55 Rhino ghost key issues

Gearjammer

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was wondering if that thing would roll out okay. I thought that thing looked pretty cool when it was previewed. I wonder if you are having a DirectX issue - you could troubleshoot that by installing the stick on a different PC/laptop and see if the problem is consitent.

**Also note - Saitek has always had some issues with it's programming software, to the point where I started making shift state mappings inside the games I used it for, instead of having master profiles created with Saitek Programming Software.

I can show you how to manually create a BMS control profile with multiple shift keys and most anything you can do with Saitek, except for maybe Axis Bands with multiple keys at various Axis percentages. There are a lot of resources available to learn this process, and it may look complex at first,

Example:

SimTriggerFirstDetent 96 -1 -2 0 0x0 0

//CURSOR AND CMS//

SimCMSDown 371 1072 -2 0 0x0 0
SimCMSRight 372 -1 -2 0 0x0 0
SimCMSUp 373 -1 -2 0 0x0 0
SimCmsLeft 374 -1 -2 0 0x0 0

///AutoPilot///
SimToggleAutopilot 104 1076 -2 0 0x0 0
SimLeftAPSwitch 105 -1 -2 0 0x0 0
SimTransmitCom1 106 -1 -2 0 0x0 0
SimTransmitCom2 107 -1 -2 0 0x0 0
SimCommsSwitchLeft 108 -1 -2 0 0x0 0
SimCommsSwitchRight 109 -1 -2 0 0x0 0

but after a few times, you will know what you are doing. I promise you, I am so very thrilled to be able to just launch BMS and it already knows all my keys, shift keys, etc. I lose one or two of my X52 Saitek functions doing this, the 3 "modes" red, green and orange, and that is about it. Video gamey stuff - my stick is still programmed to mimic the actual F-16 HOTAS and all it's functions so the tradeoff is nothing for me.

I'll look around for the links to the instructions, let me know if this is something you are interested it. Otherwise, good luck with your battle with Saitek STT Programming Software.
!hi

Thanks for the reply, and I would love to say that it might have something to do with the profiler software, but I have not even installed that on the PC. My keymap is all done by hand with everything as close to the real F-16 as possible with smoke, gear up and down and nightvision goggles on switches on the throttle. I have to thank A.S at Falcon Online for that, he gave me his keymap.

This however does not get rid of the issue of random button pushes that I am experiencing. I am really enjoying the HOTAS other than that though. I have been told that there is an issue with something like this while moving the throttle, but this happens even when I don't move it. Guess I will give Saitek a call to see what they might suggest.

After talking with the tech support guys for the US region, I was told that this might be due to AMD USB drivers not being properly implemented with AMD's latest release of their drivers. Unfortunately, due to my having both an ATI graphics card and an AMD motherboard, the drivers will always get installed.

The guy did have me create a ticket, and he sent a personal email to the techs in the UK at Madkats hq and hopefully I will get more information shortly.