Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

loving this mode on arma

sgt-barclay

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah yes the PR mod for Arma .. I really need to give it another chance.. tried it when it was released and the problems with Arma 1.59 and netcode made it unplayable however with 1.60 it should be much better.

You should try out the Clafghan map/mission made by SemlerPDX that is running on our 2nd Arma server.... if you like the PR mod you will love this. Let one of us know if you need help installing and configuring mods/maps.

See this post Option #2.

http://www.armaholic.com/plug.php?e=faq&q=18

Basically you create a separate folder for each mod in the root of your Arma 2 install folder (or Operation Arrowhead folder if you have that). The common way is to put an @ sign at the beginning of each folder. So if you were installing the Clafghan map you would create a folder called @Clafghan in your Arma 2 install folder, create another folder inside @Clafghan called Addons, then copy the .pbo files from the map download to the addons folder.

If you are going to be using mods/maps a lot I highly recommend using a mod launcher for Arma:

http://www.veterans-gaming.com/vg-plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?20926.last

or you can do it the half-assed easy way which is probably bad in the long run (i'm yet to find out) and just drag all of your PBO files from the Clafghan mod into your main .pbo directory and it'll work fine.

but i'd trust Savage, he seems to know a little too much :P. i'm just too lazy

EDIT: this method causes errors when joining servers not using the Clafghan mod. so you'll be going to and fro with it. just best to do Savages way lol

NEVER install addons by copying their contents to your Arma Addons folder!!!

]This is not difficult:

When you download a Mod or Map, it is a RAR or ZIP. Look inside it for the @THISMODNAME Folder.

Copy and Paste that into the Bohemia Interactive Arma Program Folder. Simple.

Then either make a shortcut with a command line like this:

"A:\Programs (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\arma2OA.exe" -mod=@NAMEOFMOD

Obviously, the path to the program file will differ on your PC, but this isn't rocket science here and we all will help you every step of the way. If some dingus submits their Mod or Map for download, and it's just a bunch of PBO files, they are truly the saddest sack, but it does happen.

When it does, you have to finish their homework for them, and then turn it in to the teacher with your name on it. !lol Sorry for the non-sequitur.

This image should show you the simple folder structure of an Arma Mod/Map Addon:

I hope this helps you to get into the awsome VG CLAfghan Server. I've just uploaded version 0.92; though I do need to drop in a hotfix today, the mission is pretty well done and ready for operations. See you around, bro!
!cheers

If you dump all your pbo's into your main Addons folder you will have problems joining public servers that do addon checks.

If you don't like fiddling with files and folders use a mod launcher for Arma:

http://www.veterans-gaming.com/vg-plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?20926.last