Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Airsoft

Spectre_ATA

So I'm the first one to share his hobby with you then ;)

most of you should be familiar with the name Airsoft. Gun replicas that shoot 6mm plastic pellets or "bb's".
Some call em "gay" and "something for pussys" and we should get real guns instead. Well...yeah but you can't shoot at your friends with real guns.
Ok...you can. But only once.

It's just hell of a lot fun.

here is a little video I edited together. I recorded it with a helmetcamera.
Too bad most of the times you can't see my "enemy" so it looks like I'm shooting at nothing but oh well... better then nothing.
It gives you an idea how a game of airsoft works.

watch it in HD for better quality.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEvZSiIikVA

Are here other airsoftplayers ?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i do a little bit of airsoft, but i paintball more, but i think the most fun i had was when my unit got to use MILES Gear, basically lasers attached to your standard issue weapon, and instead of firing live ammo, you fire blanks...

But yea, airsoft is fun just not my favorite thing to do.

edit: awesome vid btw :)

=VG= Raptor902 LAN_WROTE ...

i do a little bit of airsoft, but i paintball more, but i think the most fun i had was when my unit got to use MILES Gear, basically lasers attached to your standard issue weapon, and instead of firing live ammo, you fire blanks...

But yea, airsoft is fun just not my favorite thing to do.

I'm familier with the MILES Gear, just never got to use or be able to touch it.
But it sounds like SO MUCH FUN. Just firing the blanks would be so much fun. Instead of an electronic "ziit" you hear an actual bang. That just adds to it =)

What kind of pinatball do you play? Woodland games or these CQB type competative games?

Yea its awesome only reason i got to use it is cause our unit had to do a full field training for 3 days so we requested miles gear and trained lol, 2 weeks later 6 guys from my unit got deployed...

Me and my buddies managed to find an old farm that we can use to do both CQB & Woodland Paintball, so really it just depends on the day... but i love to do both, CQB is fun because of its like a mind game, especially when it comes to clearing buildings... you actually have to think of angles and stuff. woodland is fun when i feel like blending in...

Body armour alone front:

Rear:

Low-vis standalone

Helmet

Kitlist:
BA:
Vel-Tye Hugger NSW MJK
Coldsteel Tomahawk
KC 13 Flare
Cyalume
Eagle/allied SFLCS issued canteenpouch MJK
Eagle/allied SFLCS issued quad M4 (2x2) MJK
2 PTW Mags 30rds

Low-vis:
Vel-Tye low vis chestrig MJK
Eagle/allied Utility SFLCS issued MJK
Blackwater double grenade pouch MJK
SOG Sealpup
MK 141 Mod 0 grenade
CAT tourniquet
Sig 226 GBB
4 cd PTW Mags 30rds
Team Tecom xp Funke

Helm:
Mich 2001
Norotos 3 hole
Rhino
IFF Flag
Ms 2000 Distress marker
ESS NVG
Missing: 2 S&S V Lights,
Contour HD
:P

Hello guys
YO nice gear Nvram! what type of weapon do you use? any gun attaches?
Its nice to see that airsoft is known so much all around the world and becoming more and more popular

Here are some picks(thus the reason why i prefer airsoft than paintball) from a national airfoft contest Raid and Recon that i partecipate at Sardenia Italy 24Hour Game

The guy on the left its me weapon I.C.S colt M4A1 R.I.S-attacments surefire G2 torch/iron sight/kit tactikal taylor M.O.L.L.E base with 3 Magasine pouches and 1 utullity.
belt-2 grenade pouches and one HUGE Desert Eagle carring pouch(gun included its a tokyio marui hard Blowback) 3litr Camelback with 2 pouches and M.O.L.L.E !bye

my Squad!(mission objective: defend the gas station) im the one to the Right of the A.R.

and some pick of the game area

two factions one on each side 1 rebel faction an the UN in the center between the borders of the factions

that looks great 2shae.

Yeah Airsoft is kinda big here in germany too but it has strict limitations by the weapons law over here.
For example :
Any functional ( ! ) attachments such as lights and lasers are illegal here.
Weapons that shoot over 230fps are forced to shoot semi-automatic only. That counts for every gun. Even machineguns wich renders the almost useless. Almost ;)

Most Operations that held here aren't THAT big.
Rarley any vehicles are beeing used simply because the fields are too small.
It's still fun to play here.

I'm going to Croatia in 2012 to play on the "Island Invasion" wich is an event hostet by a german team and only german airsoftteams will be there. I'm super stoked.

https://picasaweb.google.com/113265100874101460255/Kroatia?authkey=Gv1sRgCM7Rlszil9Tlcg
here is a Picdump of the Island we're going to play on. Yes, an entire Island just to play airsoft.

[left]
OMG nice theater Spectre!!! love it!! im not to far form Croatia Pescara were i live is not that far
if you take a Boat but didnt had the chanse yes to go there.
the only limitations here for airsoft guns buy law is tha an airsfoft gun must not produse more
than 1joule(dont remember the corespondant in FPS) of energy on the bullet exit and on
national tournaments ther is a max limit at 280-320 FPS so i get to get shoot from many
machineguns !eatmyuzi during a game! lol if you notify the local authorities and residents
before a game or turnament and dont cary the weapon in plain sight you wont have
any problems but if you dont as the last time
that i remember (a group of airsoft players went to play at an abandoned construction sight
next to my city) the got raided by the Carabinieri( italian military police) armed
with real MP5s LOL none got hurt only dirty underwear issues and a Tiket

oo Nvram we have the same base!!!nice
here is the most resend updated photo of my M4 most recent
modifications are internal piston/hopup unit/spring/ecct.. there is allso a short type sniper rifle

you allso and see my real Greek name intial ans surename dont try to pronounce lol!!

What!!!!!7,5J????OMG that can open a hole on a wooden door !!! yes here 1J is the limit for
all guns but since most sniper rifles may surpass that limit the strongest sniper i have seen could do
nearly 3J (extepton if you have a Tanaka or similar sniper gas rifle were you can ajust the gas presure
form min near 1J to max almost 3J ) there are rules of engagement during oficial tournaments! But for those hardcore
snipers!! They often do special events or courses just for snipers. The limit there is higher
and you can use even the 8mm bbs on full power(like a garand rifle or a Barrett)..

For example this is a small vid from a sniper tournament, its the last of a series of tests that
a sniper has to endure so he can collect points. sry but the vid quality isnt that good
its a shoot the targets on the distance while you have to endure and keep your focus and calm during
alot of distractions time trial

The first 3 will get for a prise some cool optics