Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Camping Pics

=VG= SemlerPDX

So many photos to sort through, gonna add more posts to this thread in the next few days, but this one I remember taking, I'd chill in this spot often and noticed that each day around 4:20 PM the sun would shine though onto this creek and all the shadows of the Red Alder leaves broke up the orange sunlight making it look like a scene right out of Lord of the Rings or something...

(click photos for full size images)

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When we had one of those Super Moons, I put my digital camera up to the lens of my little 70mm Meade telescope to see if I could capture what I was seeing to share it with you all. That evening, the light was so bright, I didn't need any flashlights or lanterns to see, and everything cast shadows like daylight for several hours while the Moon was over my river valley.

Only one of the photos actually focused, and this is it. I have 2 lenses for the scope, and with the strongest power one, I can see the ridges of craters, contour lines and heat waves coming off of the surface of the Moon.

I recommend clicking on the photo for full size so you can zoom in and see some detail - it seems only the left portion of the Moon in this photo is in focus, and also note that this would be the right of the Moon to the naked eye as this is a refracting scope (we're looking through a mirror at the Full Moon).

" So yer running around the bush naked ... with a 9mm
no phone , no rent , no beer , no women.. just you and the bears... we will have to call you chuckie semler .. that's wonderful .. have a great time , stay safe , and come home soon .. we miss yar chuckie "

• 2 weeks later...