Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Razer Naga MMO gaming mouse review

=VG= BLuDKLoT

Razer Naga MMO gaming mouse review

I was looking for a new mouse to replace my Logitech G9x. It's a great mouse, but I want something with more buttons! This thing looks amazing! I've owned a Boomslang back-in-the-day and that Mouse was beez kneez. I love the design of this mouse, but what about leftys!

Price: £49.99

Verdict:
A gaming mouse of superb quality and innovative functionality: MMO gamers should seriously consider a Razer Naga upgrade. 9/10

Tech Specs:
Buttons: 17 (includes 12-button grid), scroll wheel
Laser dpi: 5600
Connectivity: USB
OS Support: Any Windows/Mac OS

(totalpcgaming.com review by Ben Biggs)

For those who aren?t quite up to speed with the entire lexicon of MMO terms, imba is short for something that upsets the equilibrium of an MMO (an imbalance). In this case, Razer likes to think that the Naga gaming
mouse puts the advantage, quite literally, in your hands. And with a little bit of training, you could be on your way there.

The Razer Naga?s main feature is a 12-button grid, designed for the thumb of a right-handed gamer (sorry lefties). They?re designed primarily for accessing hot-key actions with far more expedience than you could hitting the numeric pad, though with a little imagination a number of functions could be mapped to the grid to make the Naga work for even twitchier games, like first-person shooters. The buttons look tiny, but hitting the one you want is surprisingly intuitive after a few minutes of fumbling. And if you?re still struggling after that, Razer has provided rubber training tabs that raise the profile of the button you?re having trouble hitting. It?s surprisingly functional, with two caveats: the two standard thumb buttons have been compromised by the grid, and there?s bespoke button-mapping software support only for WoW and Warhammer Online. But we?d prefer to map our own MMORPG commands anyway and with new drivers that allow full remapping and macro functionality on all 17 buttons, just a few minutes spent adapting this peripheral to our favourite MMO allowed us to sit back and control our avatar one handed, almost rendering our keyboard redundant.

It?s a robust, compact and cleverly designed mouse with great support from Razor ? and should be considered a must-buy for any serious MMO gamer.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[WCC LAN_WROTE ...
B0zZz3]
I use a two button IBM mouse from the 80's. It's all yellow after all these years.

i used one of those for many years when i played "Tomb Raider 2" and HalfLife but fortunately i got an optical mouse with 2 buttons and wheel when i had my first own PC... today i use a 5 buttons laser mouse by logitech and i miss those additional buttons on any other mouse i have to use when i'm at friends PC :D

• 3 weeks later...