Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

New Purchase Help.

=VG= Jarema

Can anyone give me any information or feedback on the EAA WIndicator .357 Magnum? I'm currently in the market for a .357 magnum and because of the price I'm considering buying it. I'm also considering a Taurus Tacker . 357 magnum. If anyone has any advise on a cheap .357 magnum it would be appreciated. The barrel has to be at least 4" if not longer.
!gundown
Thanks.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like the use of cheap and .357 in the same paragraph. Is this your first handgun, Jarema?

Also, I am a S&W fan, and will be for life. Taurus is the only company other than S&W that I would spend money on. But I don't mess around with "cheap" guns, like, no off brand pawn shop iron is gonna grace my hands. Knowing my luck, I'm the guy it will blow up on.

My Uncle swore by the S&W .357 with a 4" barrel when he was an MP, and owned it until the mid-90's when some prick robbed the house and stole it. Told me it was designed to be shot at the engine block of an oncoming automobile. He used to tell me his MP stories from the 70's:

"First you'd raise your hand at 200 feet, with your right hand on the gun. If he doesn't stop by 100 feet, you pull it and aim it at the grill. At 75 feet, if he still doesn't stop, you put your other hand on the gun, take aim at the grill, and fire. The engine block will crack, and the vehicle will grind to a halt before it reaches you."

If I had the money I would buy a S&W and this thread would not exist. I said cheap only because I knew someone would mention Smith and Wesson and they are overpriced in my book. I understand Smith and Wesson makes very fine revolvers but I do feel you pay for the brand name too. Taurus has a lifetime guarantee if you buy them new but I've also heard stories of the barrel being shot down range or the cylinder not locking properly or even opening during shooting. It is hard to find reliable accurate information on EAA and Taurus because they are not Smith and Wesson.

So I guess my new question is does anyone have any experience or information on or about the EAA Windicator or any of the Taurus .357s?

Well, Taurus has lifetime wrranty. And I bet you'll use it.

But in reality if your just plinking get whatever you want. But if you want it to work reliably for years then go name brand like S&W or Colt. And don't get that fancy lightweight material in a .357 Magnum. You need the weight or real steel to help manage the recoil and save the nerve endings in your hand.

Not glossing over your new question, but you are a friend, and a large bit of reasoning is reliability and quality of metal and machined parts. I will, if forced, post pics of blown .357 cylinders and some blown hands, too. Hard to find pics of that with a S&W revolver.
What good is a revolver if you can't shoot boxes and boxes of rounds without worry of catostrophic failure resulting in hand or bodily injury?
Besides, if you lost your fingers, I'd never get to game with you again, and that would suck ass... !heart