Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Server Issues

=VG= BLuDKLoT

Hi,

Our Host replied and said this about our Server crashes:

"there is so many crash reports on the PR forums.
Like loads.

I think we will have to wait for a patch!"

Now, these crashes have been an issue since 0.874 so I doubt the PR team can even fix it. So knowing this, what do you guys want to do? These crashes suck, the Host can't fix, PR Dev don't care, or can't figure it out and we lose all our population as a result. I do not play in other Servers so I cannot compare how bad our crashing is compared to other Servers, can someone shed some light on this for me?

Also, what if it is some assbag player we banned that as revenge is running some sort of ping attack on the Server? How can we track these attacks to see if this is the case? It's happened to me before, but not with =VG= so I know that it is possible. I just do not know how to prevent it.

Blud

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Regular Singleplayer/COOP Folks are aware that COOP servers are unstable and prone to regular crashes.

Like I stated in another related post, if we build a strong community spirit of game play, folks will not mind the hiccups. It is also a plus that the server always restarts very quickly. We just need to keep telling the new ones the score. The in game messages do that appropriately.

This looks like a major Faff Up that cannot really be traced to its source. So we need to view it from an alternative perspective and make it work for us.

A Consistently administered server and stimulating team play will keep folks coming back. We also need to accept that folks will play on other servers regarless of the stability issue.

It is the nature of cyber gaming.

It is also important to be patient too. Lets see what happens with the new patch PR Devs are working on.